[Nottingham] [Talk] 7pm Monday 27th Oct 2014: *Matt Lee* I'd like to give a talk about free software!

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Oct 30 13:09:09 UTC 2014

On 28/10/14 07:01, Benjamin Crowe wrote:
> It's such a shame I couldn't make this talk. By any chance had it been
> recorded?

Benjamin,

Sorry but yep, you missed a fun evening!

We got another meet lined up tonight!! ;-)

Our efforts for Monday night, with a little more beer, could well have
passed as a bit of a pod-cast. Although not so sure our northern voices
and squeaky floorboards are audiogenic enough for everyone's ears!...

Matt may well have a recording or two or so. Will have to see what he
has for releasing.

Meanwhile, two of the points covered in the general discussions included:

UK.gov rushes out broken 'Orphan Works' system as EU Directive comes in
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/10/29/govts_orphan_scheme_plops_out_broken_on_arrival/

Chipmaker FTDI bricking counterfeit kit
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/10/23/ftdi_turning_counterfeit_chips_into_bricks/

FTDI yanks chip-bricking driver from Windows Update, vows to fight on
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/10/24/ftdi_bricking_driver_response/

Others?

--
-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7