[Nottingham] Python editor

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Feb 12 09:09:40 UTC 2015

On 11/02/15 20:26, Going It Alone wrote:
> Greetings to the group.
>
> I'm wondering if anyone can help.  What I'm looking for is an editor
> that I can load, edit and run python code in.  I want to see what the
> various bits of code will do when ran without actually running the code
> live on my system.  I'd like to customize a setup wizard for xbmc to my
> needs.
>
> Any suggestions?  No proprietary solutions please.

Oh... That's easy:

Emacs

:-)

Bound to be able to do it!! :-) :-)

Wouldn't surprise me if the KDE Kate editor can go some way to what you
want...

Or for a modest sum and infinite fun: Go with a RasPi2?... That after
all does have a big emphasis for teaching and running Python...

Now also can be used as an optical flash detector :-P
http://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/#xenon-death-flash-a-free-physics-lesson

More seriously: Others have given good answers as already seen :-)

Let us know what you find,

Good luck,

-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7
- martin @ ml1 co uk - Import from   hkp://subkeys.pgp.net   or
- ------------------ - http:// ml1 .co .uk/martin_ml1_co_uk.gpg