[Nottingham] Really really retro ....

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Tue Jun 30 07:51:47 UTC 2015

Hi there ...   That's me - really really retro ....  Hope you'll forgive
the 'off-topic'.  Has anyone got access to a reel-to-reel tape recorder
that does twin-track mono audio at seven and a half inches per second.
OK - some of you haven't been around long enough to have heard of such a
thing.  I have!

Next year we celebrate out golden wedding.  I've got a tape of the
wedding and some of the reception, and I'd love to transcribe it into a
digital file.  If anyone has such a thing, I can come to you with my
laptop, and just ask the use of it for a couple of hours max.  It will
save me paying someone a silly price for doing it for me!  Obviously, it
will need to have some kind of audio out jack, but as far as I remember,
all the machines that ran at that speed had a standard mono audio jack.

Kind regards,		Barry Drake.
--
http://barrydrake.co.nr/