[Nottingham] [Non-Linux] A winter wander in the wilderness

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 18:51:14 UTC 2015

I'd mentioned to a few folks at recent meets that we were thinking on
doing an autumn long-walk/short-hike in the Peaks and a few expressed
interest; so I thought I'd see if there were any other takers.

Our thinking was we'd meet up and  boost up the road in the morning,
have the walk, then return to a large vat of
soup/goulash/chilli/something.

When: 21st Nov
Where: Stanage Edge near Hathersage, Derbyshire
Walk summary: 3.5 hours, moderate, 7 miles, 279 ascent.
Total duration: ~7 hours including drives and breaks.

Obviously we can't predict the weather that far in advance so we might
have to change the route if the weather is truly dreadful, but light
rain won't be putting us off; so pack waterproofs! :-)

We can firm-up start time, travel plans etc when we know who's up for it.

J.