[Nottingham] Plain text passwords?

david at gbenet.com david at gbenet.com
Tue Nov 3 01:46:51 UTC 2015

Martin:
> On 02/11/15 15:37, Rory Holland wrote:
>> I appreciate that they've made clear there's no expectation of security,
>> and actually I do think that's OK. I'd either forgotten this, or just
>> didn't read it in the first place. It's my own fault for using a
>> password I use elsewhere. I'm aware that implementing a system whereby
>> user passwords are not retrievable even in principle, is difficult. I'm
>> also acutely aware of the hassle of going back and implementing such a
>> system after the fact.
>
> mailman is old, old from days long ago before the present changed
> environment of what the internet has become...
>
> Phew... Do we have to be "geek" or "nerd" nowadays to even know of
> maillists and usenet/newsnet let alone to be using them?!
>
> Does our group need to move into the new world of Facebook and Twitter?
>
> ???
>

> Or do we enjoy a sort of elitism away from the Marketing driven noise?
>
> ... ;-)
>

>> As for myself, I've been in Leeds for 2 years working with AWS and
>> related technologies as part of EE's Digital Infrastructure Development
>> team. I can't bring myself to unsubscribe from this list though.
>
> Hey :-) That sounds good for a talk! ;-) ;-)
>
> Webcast? Videolink?? :-P
>
> Dr Who -style cinema video link??? (We can hire Broadway some afternoon)
>
> Or even better: A minimalist html5 live presentation? ;-)
>
> :-)
>

> Good to have you around. Hope not too damp and dark that far north!
>

> Until the next meet,
>
> Have fun,
>
> Cheers,
> Martin

Martin,

Mailing lists were around the 80's and still going strong Usenet is no longer free. Do we
move to Facebook or Twitter? As a reluctant FB user - I'd say NO! All those adverts and we
would be monitored by right-wing christian republicans - the CIA NSA GCHQ they monitor
everything that one does. Fuck Big Brother!!!

David - I'm in the Philippines at the moment - been here for a couple of months will be here
for a few more yet! Happy Days :)

--
“See the sanity of the man! No gods, no angels, no demons, no body. Nothing of the
kind.Stern, sane,every brain-cell perfect and complete even at the moment of death. No