[Nottingham] A strange network switch: Does a 'concentrator'/'mux' network switch exist?

Aaron Jackson aaron at aaronsplace.co.uk
Wed Aug 17 18:58:31 UTC 2016

Martin,

My CCNA might finally be coming in handy for once. As I understand it,
what you want is possible on any switch which supports enough VLANs to
assign one per port. Any Cisco Catalyst switch is able to do this. Some
of the Netgear "managed" switches are capable of this too. Just put port
48 in all VLANs and make sure IP forwarding is disabled on the server.

Hope this helps,

Aaron.