[Nottingham] Any help with Mint 18 2nd monitor problem?

Nic Deane nic at ntbd.uklinux.net
Tue Jul 26 16:45:13 UTC 2016

Dear friends,

I wonder if anyone could give me a bit of help? I appreciate that
some/most members of the NLUG are heading off to the Isle of Man for the
Linux Bier Wanderlung 2016 in the next few days but if any of you are
not going or are around afterwards could I meet up with any of you for a
bit of help?

I live in Chilwell, as you may have picked up from an earlier e-mail to
this forum. I use Linux Mint and since upgrading to Mint 18 I can no
longer use my LG second monitor alongside my Samsung 110 netbook. I am
in contact with a guy on Mint forums but I haven't been able to sort it
by going back to Mint 17.3 or trying even the newest of new kernels. I
think the problem seems to be in the boot sequence so I wonder if I
could bring my monitor and netbook to one of you guys and see if you
could help me. I think it only needs someone with command line expertise
to get inside my booting sequence and load an Intel driver - but I don't
know how to do this.

Can anyone help me on this sometime? I can fit in with any time that
suits you.

Many thanks,

Nic Deane