[Nottingham] New mobile phone (Re: [Not Linux] Minor rant & picking a new provider)

Neal Ponton neal at tutamail.com
Sat May 14 19:48:14 UTC 2016

Barry,
Does it support fuse with encFS? Then you could point Dropbox to the encFS
encrypted directory, so the only files Dropbox get to see on their servers
are encrypted (including file names). You then carry on reading and writing
to the decrypted counterpart to that directory and it's encrypted (and
synced) on the fly automatically by encFS.
This is an established technique on the Linux desktop in order to use a
proprietary cloud backup service whilst maintaining a philosophy of freedom.
Has Stallman ever encouraged the GNU community to develop a mobile OS? That
would seem to be a logical next step.
I hope to try out Ubuntu on my Nexus some time when I'm not so dependent on
it.
Neal. --
Securely sent with Tutanota. Claim your encrypted mailbox today!
https://tutanota.com

14. May 2016 19:55 by nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk: