[Nottingham] Linux VM performance

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Wed May 18 11:08:30 UTC 2016

On 18/05/16 11:38, Neal Ponton via Nottingham wrote:
> which apparently reduces the amount of abstraction needed and runs close
> to 'bare metal' speeds.
Type 1 Vs Type 2 hypervisor.
A type 1 should always be faster, but a type 2 is usually easier to work
with from an end-user view point.
I use KVM and VBox for different user cases.

> I also learned that you can bring up a terminal in the client machine by
> simply using 'virsh console....'. This was after messing about
> needlessly setting up ssh server! :-)
Ah, but every client you want to connect with needs "virsh" installed
when they have a SSH client already.
And you might want MOSH instead for poor/mobile links.
Too much choice! :-D

J.