[Nottingham] Microsoft & Github

Roger Light roger at atchoo.org
Fri Sep 16 08:02:48 UTC 2016

I think that very much depends on what quantity you are referring to.
The quantity I was referring to was the number of people making some
contribution, not the amount of code being contributed. I'm sure
you've heard the phrase "given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow"
which I imagine applies here.

Now the other side of this is that there may have been 10,000+ people
providing patches but that could be down to the original code not
being of high quality rather than just being of interest to a lot of
people. Either way, the code has most likely got a lower density of
bugs than it did before Microsoft put it on github.

Cheers,

Roger