[Nottingham] Scripting question (Keyboard key -> run a script)

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Sun Feb 19 15:01:59 UTC 2017

Fay,

Sounds like a good learning adventure ;-)

If you are using a window manager/desktop such as KDE or Gnome, you can
set key mappings to "do things" in their settings. That includes running
programs including running bash or whichever to run a script.

Or there are various other utilities such as "easykeys" that
intercept/pick-up keyboard activity to then initiate other actions...

I'm sure others here can give actual examples.

Let us know what you try!