[Nottingham] [Talk] Thursday 19/04/2018: Cyberwarfare in the Real World

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue Apr 17 15:41:19 UTC 2018

Folks,

At the moment, we have various strange headlines in the general news and
some surprising warnings and alerts in some of the official and
technical channels...

Is there really a cyberwar raging largely unseen but with great portent
across the internet?

Will anyone notice?

What might be happening?

For a very unofficial observation to some of the ongoing goings-on, roll
along to a largely untechnical summary of what there might be and with
what portent...

And note that Linux systems and Linux-like systems run most of the
internet infrastructure.

(Aside, and yes, minix appears to 'secretly' run most of the
out-of-band, yet network connected, scary management controllers...).

All at the newly refurbished:

7:30pm Thursday 19/04/2018

    *Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem*

    1 Brewhouse Yard
    Nottingham, NG1 6AD

    Phone:
    0115 9473171

We have the ground floor (apt-ly haunted :-P ) snug room reserved.

Just ask the friendly bar staff for Linux or follow the Penguins!

Some of us will be there earlier for some of their fine food and warmth.

All welcome!

See ya there,