[Nottingham] Greggs

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Jul 23 19:20:06 UTC 2018

On 23/07/18 17:10, Jason Irwin via Nottingham wrote:
> On 23/07/18 09:29, Daryl via Nottingham wrote:
>> After the one in the gym all 3 screens in Greggs were out of action. I swear it's a conspiracy to sell support contracts.
> Windows 7 as well!
>
> I wonder if it spends 45 minutes every morning failing to install updates?

Personal disclaimer:
All just my humble personal opinion and questioning mind as always! ;-)

I find it it all ridiculously silly to run a multi-GByte behemoth with
expensive support on hot overheated bulky guzzling hardware to just run
an information display/screen-saver/slideshow that...

Ta Da...

A *RaspberryPi* running *a mere 10 MBytes of Linux* would still be
over-specced for!

Money for old rope + added support costs? All backed up by the infamous
MSCE program?...

There has to be a better way!

One to burn buns with over at the next social :-P ;-)

Personal disclaimer:
All just my humble personal opinion and questioning mind as always! ;-)

:-)