[Nottingham] [Talk] *Thursday* 7:30pm 21/06/2018: Kernels, Bits, Bytes, and misc

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Jun 18 17:25:35 UTC 2018

Folks,

As ever seems to be ever faster and ever more the case, there is an
awful lot happening in the world of FLOSS[*]... :-P

This month enjoys some fun accounts of my teetering over the cutting
edge of the very latest 4.17.x kernel on the marvel of Gentoo. As might
be expected, yes there /was/ an error... But what to do when no error
can be seen? Literally!

(There is also a fun video :-P ;-) )

All with a good fun giggle of how small a 'work-around' was needed...

(Even though much beer needed for the sleuthing! :-P )

And there's lots more should we have the time...

The talk and discussions are suitably technical and yet also
*non-technical* for fun for all and for everyone to follow!

All welcome and all before the Last Orders at:

7:30pm Thursday  21/06/2018
===========================

    *Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem*

    1 Brewhouse Yard
    Nottingham, NG1 6AD

    Phone:
    0115 9473171

As usual, we have the ground floor (apt-ly haunted :-) ) snug room.

Just ask the friendly bar staff for Linux or follow the Penguins!

Some of us will be there earlier for some of their fine food and warmth.

All welcome!

See ya there,
Martin

* FLOSS: Free/Libre Open Source Software
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_and_open-source_software#FLOSS

Free software means the users have the freedom to run, copy, distribute,
study, change and improve the software.
http://www.gnu.org/

"GNU, which stands for Gnu's Not Unix, is the name for the complete
Unix-compatible software system which I am writing so that I can give it
away free to everyone who can use it."

-- Richard Stallman