[Nottingham] fstab

stripes theotoky stripes.theotoky at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 29 09:38:13 UTC 2018

Ok so if that is what is going on how to I fix it?

>From November Dropbox will only support ext4 on Linux and this box is
encrypted with ecrypts
so I am trying  put Dropbox on ext4 and mount it as a loop.

If I enable that line in fstab after logging in I can mount Dropbox with

mount /home/stripes/Dropbox/

and it works fine apart from the file browser showing both Dropbox and a
47GB Volume.

I'm sure that can be sorted out but I want to get Dropbox auto mounting
first.

 Stripes

On Fri, 28 Sep 2018 at 17:17, J via Nottingham <
nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:

> ARG! Loop! OK, so that explains that then, but my question still stands;
> won't that it to mount prior to decryption leading to problems?
>
> On Fri, 28 Sep 2018 at 15:11, J <jasonirwin73 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Not sure why that would cause xOrg to fail but won't this try to mount
>> *before* you have decrypted your home? Maybe xOrg is seeing errors and
>> having a freak out?
>> I thought one could only mount block devices? In my simple test I get
>> whinges about the source not being a block device. Or is there secret sauce
>> happening here>
>>
>> Why not just use a link and ignore fstab?
>>     sudo umount /home/stripes/Dropbox
>>     rm -r ~/Dropbox
>>     ln -s ~/.dropbox/storage ~/Dropbox
>>
>> J.