[Nottingham] [Social] 7:30pm Thursday 17/01/2019: A Cumin Happy New Year!

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue Jan 15 15:55:38 UTC 2019

Folks,

Happy New Year 2019!

I hope everyone had a good and fun break for festivities?

NLUG returns for a New Year of lots of everything :-)

And lots have been happening for lots of stories for our first social of
the year at our favoured Cumin Indian Restaurant (& 20% off mains :-) )

In the world of Linux, notably we start the year with the new v5.0 Linux
kernel with a new version of a now "nice" Linus. The "v5" jump from
"v4.20" has no special meaning and is completely at the random whim of
Linus who ran out of human digits to tally up the count further :-)

Further along the developments we have the daemon of anti-unix
philosophy moving on from systemd to build a new anti-unix empire anew.
We've seen Lennart's fiendish ways with Avahi, PulseAudio, and even more
infamously systemd: What-the-Hell next?...

And lot's of positive fun more!

All starting 7:30pm Thursday 17/01/2019:

*A Cumin Happy New Year*

Featuring:

7:30pm

*The Malt Cross RESURRECTED*

https://maltcross.com/

16 St James's St
Nottingham, NG1 6FG

Phone: 0115 9411048

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malt_Cross for the very brief old and
new history. 'Twill be good to sample their renewal

Following onwards with:

8:15pm

*The Cumin Indian Restaurant*

http://www.thecumin.com

62-64 Maid Marian Way
Nottingham, NG1 6BJ

Phone: 0115 941 9941

Continuing onwards some time later to wherever we adventure further!

All welcome for all and anything and everything Linux :-)

*HAPPY NEW YEAR* !

See ya there!