[Nottingham] Parallel rsync appears to be a thing now

J J jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 10:52:07 UTC 2019

No, I have people who insist on using Robocopy because "That's parallel and
must be faster". Also, no rsync on Windows :(
For large transfers we actually still use sneaker-net, it may or may not be
faster but it's easier to get approval.
Although you still have to get the data *on to* the discs, which brings me
to this fascinating article:
http://moo.nac.uci.edu/~hjm/HOWTO_move_data.html

Which method is faster? Well it all depends....