[Nottingham] USB dongles/widgets for GNSS (GPS, GLONASS, others) and 3G/4G SMS & data?

VM vadim at mankevich.co.uk
Tue Mar 19 17:05:45 UTC 2019

Why not a pi-specific hat then?

On 19 March 2019 13:26:48 GMT, Martin via Nottingham <nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:
>Folks,
>
>Anyone any experience with the various £10/£20 USB dongles on linux for
>GPS and internet?
>
>I'm wanting to upgrade one of my RasPi boards to find out for itself
>what time it is, where it is, and to be able to communicate to the
>world.
>
>Are the USB gizmos any good? Anything to watch out for?
>
>There looks to be LOTs of 'em! :-) All with Marketing details only :-(
>

>Cheers,
>Martin
>
>--

vadim at mankevich.co.uk PGP key fingerprint
0xC046022A3A91455AF0C9BB2404BF882B1905C772
Retrieve from https://keybase.io/vmankevich

"When we take away the right to figure out if something bad is going on in our computers, the inevitable consequence is that bad things will happen in our computers." (Cory Doctorow)