[Nottingham] [Misc] An Introduction to C & GUI Programming – from Raspberry Pi Press

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri May 10 16:27:30 UTC 2019

Folks,

>From those pioneering Raspberry Pi people, here's an easy introduction
to the C programming language.

Hopefully of interest for our newer programmers:

An Introduction to C & GUI Programming
– the new book from Raspberry Pi Press

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/an-introduction-to-c-gui-programming-the-new-book-from-raspberry-pi-press/

#####
... So, the beginners’ guide to C came first, and I have now got round
to writing the second part, which was what I’d planned to write all
along. The section on GUIs describes how to write applications using the
GTK toolkit, which is used for most of the Raspberry Pi Desktop and its
associated applications...

... An Introduction to C & GUI Programming is available today from the
Raspberry Pi Press online store, or as a free download here. You can
also pick up a copy from the Raspberry Pi Store in Cambridge, or ask
your local bookstore if they have it in stock or can order it in for you.

Alex interjects to state the obvious: Basically, what we’re saying here
is that there’s no reason for you not to read Simon’s book. Oh, and it
feels really nice too.
#####

https://store.rpipress.cc/products/an-introduction-to-c-gui-programming

https://www.raspberrypi.org/magpi/issues/c-gui-programming/