[Nottingham] [Talk] *TODAY* 7:30pm 28/11/2019: An Unassuming Multifunctional Swiss-Army-Style Surprise

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Nov 29 17:57:19 UTC 2019

On 28/11/2019 13:12, Martin via Nottingham wrote:
> Folks,
>
> *TODAY* 7:30pm 28/11/2019:
>
> *An Unassuming Multifunctional Swiss-Army-Style Surprise*

That was a good do :-)

We started off with beer and food and a bit of a general natter until...

Next I noticed we had two laptops in bits checking disk drives and
checking the specs for bagging a Black Friday bargain. In parallel,
there was various high tech scribbling in session explaining disk
formats and partitioning and how a PC boots up into whatever OS.

Later, we then settled down to the main presentation of some simple yet
effective scripts for manipulating video streams and video containers using:

*ffmpeg*

Good discussion then ensued including how best to use bash.

Also note that we have similarly unassuming yet powerful utilities for
manipulating all and anything:

audio by using *sox* ;
images by using *ImageMagick* ;

and any others?

Those three tools really are fabulous and comprehensive for giving a
common interface regardless of the vast multitude of different formats
in use.

All great fun!

Our next meet is our *Christmas Social* on *Thursday 5th Dec* at
Pistachio, meeting nearby beforehand at Bunker's Hill. Usual details to
follow.

So far we have 6 definites and 4 maybes.

Let me know please for updates ;-)

All welcome! :-)