[Nottingham] [Social] *Tomorrow* 7:30pm Thursday 09/04/2020: Socially Virtual!

John Whitehead me at johnwhitehead.co.uk
Wed Apr 8 19:28:09 UTC 2020

Folks and Folkesses,

I will join you as soon as I can after participating of an anniversary meal from our friends at Pistachio. Least we can do to keep them in business.

I also have another engagement just before 9 as I waxed lyrical about Jitsi to my Thursday night father's club, and they've all taken to it, so I have to initiate another meeting.

To paraphrase Martin, Zoom was fine when it was just a lolly :)

---- On Wed, 08 Apr 2020 14:57:57 +0000 Martin via Nottingham <nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote ----

Folks,

Ok, so this is just too presciently apt to not to share...

>From a fortune cookie today, I didst enjoy:

... it is easy to be blinded to the essential uselessness of them by the
sense of achievement you get from getting them to work at all.  In other
words... their fundamental design flaws are completely hidden by their
superficial design flaws.
 -- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, on the products
 of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.

How spooky is that?!

Enjoy :-)
Martin