[Nottingham] [Social] *TODAY* 7:30pm Thursday 09/04/2020: Socially Virtual!

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Apr 9 21:22:37 UTC 2020

Folks,

> *NLUG Goes Socially Virtual*
>
> *TODAY* 7:30pm Thursday 09/04/2020
>
> https://meet.jit.si/NLUGmeet02

Good to see various of the group and 'twas a good do even with the
hiccups. Jason and myself will investigate some self-hosting...

Regardless, Jitsi is very good for ease of use and for the features.

As promised, here's the plethora of links that we mentioned:

> A wee aside for our far flung Northern contingent: Did you know?...
>
> The world's oldest border?
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DqZYsckBwI
>
> Who would have guessed?! :-)

Just one of multiple tremendous Demoscene demos contained completely
within a mere 65536 bytes of *video AND music* :

Farbrausch - fr-08: .the .product [HD 60fps]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dcrV_7JpXQ

Down the rabbit hole of how we perceive what we believe to be our
reality around us:

The Matrix - Welcome To The Desert Of The Real [HD]
https://youtu.be/EVM5-_fusjs?t=34

Oculus Rift - How Does Time Warping Work?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvtEXMlQQtI

Living with lag - an oculus rift experiment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fNp37zFn9Q

Non-Euclidean Worlds Engine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEB11PQ9Eo8

Beware the wobbles of the Earth's magnetic field...

Spaceweather: WHERE THE POWER GOES OUT
https://spaceweather.com/archive.php?view=1&day=09&month=04&year=2020

The present UK Coronavirus charts:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/879066/COVID-19_Press_Conference_Slides_-_09_04_2020.pdf

Mozilla Security Warnings

Share browser windows or your screen with sites you trust
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/screenshare-safety

What is the Accessibility Service Indicator?
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/accessibility-services

Note: Worryingly, the "Accessibility" was turned on by default in my web
browser! (It's switched off now...)

And for my PulseAudio 'fun', see:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PulseAudio

https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/

https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/About/

https://rudd-o.com/linux-and-free-software/how-pulseaudio-works

https://gavv.github.io/articles/pulseaudio-under-the-hood/

How did all that lot get to be so complicated?!

And why can't I just simply use the singular channel of the ALSA mixer??!...

Jason's links:

Emulators written in JavaScript (Can even run the Demoscene stuff?!)
https://www.cambus.net/emulators-written-in-javascript/

https://floooh.github.io/tiny8bit/

https://floooh.github.io/tiny8bit/cpc.html?file=cpc/backtro.dsk&input=run%22-backtro%0A

Following Coronavirus: