[Nottingham] [Social] *Tomorrow* 8:30pm Thursday 10/12/2020: Whatever is Linux doing for us?!

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Dec 9 12:38:46 UTC 2020

Folks,

Continuing virtual until we evolve onwards around the
SARS-CoV-2 virus and the resultant COVID-19...

We have:

*NLUG is Socially Online* !

*Tomorrow* 8:30pm Thursday 10/12/2020 (That's 8:30pm _GMT_  )

NLUG 'Social': *Whatever has Linux done for us* ?!

https://meet.jit.si/NLUGmeet18

This week is nominally our 'social' so I'm sure we need no excuse for us
to randomly catch up with what the group and the world has been doing...

As always, there's lots been happening in the tech world and the outside
world and even out beyond our polluted globe...

I'm sure there will be good comment! :-)

To add to the stories, I've a few happenings and (re)discoveries that
are a good exploration of what GNU and Linux are all about...

All good fun!

There's no set format:

Bring along your stories and comments, with a warm welcome for all!

Have your nibbles and beverages to hand, and lets party! ;-)

See y'all online.

All welcome :-)

Stay safe!
Martin

[*]: See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slate_industry#Background

Technical bits:

See:

Jitsi Meet Security & Privacy
https://jitsi.org/news/security/

For mobile devices:

Android app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.jitsi.meet

Apple app:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jitsi-meet/id1165103905

COVID-19 bits:

See:

Gov.UK - Coronavirus (COVID‑19)
https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

Gov.UK - COVID-19: long-term health effects
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-long-term-health-effects/covid-19-long-term-health-effects

Also:

Wikipedia - COVID-19 pandemic, Signs and symptoms
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic#Signs_and_symptoms