[Nottingham] [Talk] Thursday 7:30pm 30/01/2020: 10 Years of Gentoo Rolling Updates!

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue Jan 28 00:18:34 UTC 2020

Folks,

For this Blue Moon Kilpin we have a double bill of:

*Work, Home, and Play: Experiencing 10 Years of Gentoo Updates*

and

*A live demo of upgrading the M2 disk drive of a dual-boot laptop*

What has worked well for yourselves for over a decade of continuous
rolling updates? Good or bad or a never ending nightmare??

And how do you swap the singular disk drive of a laptop without losing
data or having to reinstall when the laptop has only the one disk?...

Roll up and roll along before we all fall out of Europe!

Roll into good fun and good beer and good cheer all at:

Thursday 7:30pm 30/01/2020
--------------------------

*The Herbert Kilpin*
http://thekilpin.co.uk/

10 Bridlesmith Walk
Nottingham NG1 2HB

Phone: 0115 9484743

OpenStreetMap: The Herbert Kilpin
https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/52.95253/-1.14655&layers=H

For those unaware of that fine establishment, or for those not having
done their homework, a map or phone-a-friend may be of help...

We have a table upstairs booked for “NLUG Linux”. Please check with the
friendly staff if lost.

Some of us will be there early to sample some of their fine bar food ;-)

Thence sometime later, we likely will stay there, or move next door into
the Junkyard :-)

As always, all welcome for all and anything GNU and Linux! :-)

See ya there