[Nottingham] [Talk] *TODAY* Thursday 7:30pm 30/01/2020: 10 Years of Gentoo Rolling Updates!

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Jan 31 12:46:21 UTC 2020

Folks,

That was a good do.

A good welcome to Ian.

Hopefully we get a talk on aviation real time systems?
And what is used by SpaceX even?... ;-)

And we had a good productive evening including how to recover from an
unknown password!

The follow-on discussions from the talk concluded that both 'Big Bang
planned Updates' and continuous releases/updates have their separate
places. But then also, why all the frequent updates to features in the
first place? Why change and break what already works well?...

Our next social is on Thursday 13/02/2020 with a Langtry's and Wagamama.

See ya there!