[Nottingham] Before Linux - A small story of Bill and Steve

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue May 12 18:35:11 UTC 2020

Folks,

Going retro... I inadvertently stumbled across this little series on
YouTube. All a good reminder for how today we have our IT so easily good
with Linux!

Have your popcorn and beer at the ready!

Enjoy:

First, a little background from the days of 8bits, MHz, real computer
Front Panels, and punched tape media, pre-Internet:

The History of Microsoft (1975-2001)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmtPWvT1vp8

And for the 'fun' bits:

Microsoft Windows 1.0 with Steve Ballmer (1986)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtuDS0ntaJY

Steve Ballmer Going Crazy! (Annual Corporate Address)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrtz6tiIgy4

Steve Ballmer: Developers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhh_GeBPOhs

(That was a keynote phrase that was prominently pushed...)

Developers, Developers, Developers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsMcThmpfBE

United States v. Microsoft
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmOFOanrmWQ

How Microsoft Saved Apple (And Why They Did It)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_SXtJf2oz4

Bill Gates And Steve Ballmer In What Is Love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uRCIIBqwKU

(The excerpt lampooned there is taken from the USA Senate hearing where
Bill and Steve are giving a joint disposition...)

... And Microsoft won?...

Until...?

Have fun!