[Nottingham] [Social] *Tomorrow* 8:30pm Thursday 12/11/2020: Surfing a New Age!

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Nov 11 18:58:07 UTC 2020

Folks,

Staying virtual until we continue to evolve onwards around the
SARS-CoV-2 virus and the resultant COVID-19...

Hence:

*NLUG continues socially online* !

*Tomorrow* 8:30pm Thursday 12/11/2020 (That's 8:30pm _GMT_ :-) )

NLUG 'Social': *Surfing a New Age* !

https://meet.jit.si/NLUGmeet16

This week is nominally our 'social' so I'm sure we need no excuse for us
to randomly catch up with what the group and the world has been doing...

As always, there's lots been happening in the tech world and the outside
world. I'm sure there will be good comment! ;-)

And it has been that time of year again for a good reminder of the
nightmare that is our many multiple inconsistent systems of time:

The Problem with Time & Timezones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5wpm-gesOY

Also, this is the time where the fantastic Marketing trio draw nigh for:

* Thanksgiving Day
* Black Friday
* Cyber Blue Monday

Any good bargains[*] to be had?...

Great fun! :-)

There's no set format:

Bring along your stories and comments, with a warm welcome for all!

Have your nibbles and beverages to hand, and lets party!

See y'all online.

All welcome

Stay safe!
Martin

[*]: See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slate_industry#Background

Technical bits:

See:

Jitsi Meet Security & Privacy
https://jitsi.org/news/security/

For mobile devices:

Android app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.jitsi.meet

Apple app:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jitsi-meet/id1165103905

COVID-19 bits:

See:

Gov.UK - Coronavirus (COVID‑19)
https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

Gov.UK - COVID-19: long-term health effects
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-long-term-health-effects/covid-19-long-term-health-effects

Also:

Wikipedia - COVID-19 pandemic, Signs and symptoms
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic#Signs_and_symptoms