[Nottingham] [Social] *TODAY* 8:30pm Thursday 12/11/2020: Surfing a New Age!

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Sat Nov 14 19:56:38 UTC 2020

Folks,

( pt.2: )

>> *TODAY* 8:30pm Thursday 12/11/2020 (That's 8:30pm _GMT_  )
>>
>> NLUG 'Social': *Surfing a New Age* !
>
> To briefly recap some of the topic links we covered:
>
> (In whatever random order  )

A few other bits mentioned were:

Matrix 4 (due end 2021?...)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Matrix_4

Intel Discloses 40 More Security Advisories - [including] PLATYPUS...
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Intel-40-More-Playpus

"40 security advisories... addressing 95 vulnerabilities. ... relating
to the Converged Security and Management Engine (CSME) as well as the
Intel Wireless Bluetooth support -- including a "critical" vulnerability
that could lead to escalation of privileges via the LAN. [And CPUs]..."

"PLATYPUS can be exploited to break Intel SGX Enclaves, thwart Kernel
Address Space Layout Randomization (KASLR), attacking AES, etc."

Intel Releases New Processor Microcode For Security Advisories, CPU Bugs
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Intel-20201110-Microcode

"... also a number of "functional issue" updates around CPU bugs
spanning [multiple] generations..."

What can you do with the PCIe x 1 on Raspberry Pi CM4 IO board
https://www.seeedstudio.com/blog/2020/11/03/what-can-you-do-with-the-pcie-x-1-on-raspberry-pi-cm4-io-board-m/

And there's some very tantalising close attempts for getting GPUs to
work on the CM4 PCIe... More code tweaks needed... ;-)

Have fun!