[Nottingham] [Talk] *Tomorrow* 8:30pm Thursday 22/10/2020: On the Cusp of a Ray

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Oct 21 12:51:46 UTC 2020

Folks,

Staying virtual until we continue to evolve onwards around the
SARS-CoV-2 virus and the resultant COVID-19...

Hence:

*NLUG continues socially online* !

*Tomorrow* 8:30pm Thursday 22//10/2020 (That's 7:30pm _GMT_  )

NLUG 'Talk': *On the Cusp of a Ray* !

https://meet.jit.si/NLUGmeet15

Resurrecting exploring the imagined worlds of POVray from long ago...

As part of the evening, I can recount some of my recent infinite fun in
retracing some POVray scenes that were first assembled back in the
1990's! Since those pioneering days, the POVray ray tracer has moved
on... As has the many worlds of CGI and raytracing of imagined scenes...

Also, I'm sure we need no excuse for us to randomly catch up with what
the group and the world has been doing... :-)

There's no set format:

Bring along your stories and comments, with a warm welcome for all!

Have your nibbles and beverages to hand, and lets party!

See y'all online.

All welcome

Stay safe!
Martin

Technical bits:

See:

Jitsi Meet Security & Privacy
https://jitsi.org/news/security/

For mobile devices:

Android app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.jitsi.meet

Apple app:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jitsi-meet/id1165103905

COVID-19 bits:

See:

Gov.UK - Coronavirus (COVID‑19)
https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

Gov.UK - COVID-19: long-term health effects
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-long-term-health-effects/covid-19-long-term-health-effects

Also:

Wikipedia - COVID-19 pandemic, Signs and symptoms
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic#Signs_and_symptoms