[Nottingham] [Talk] *Tomorrow* 8:30pm Thursday 24/09/2020: Assorted Sorting!

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Sep 23 19:36:42 UTC 2020

Folks,

Staying virtual until we continue to evolve onwards around the
SARS-CoV-2 virus and the resultant COVID-19...

See:

Gov.UK - Coronavirus (COVID‑19)
https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

Gov.UK - COVID-19: long-term health effects
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-long-term-health-effects/covid-19-long-term-health-effects

Also:

Wikipedia - COVID-19 pandemic, Signs and symptoms
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic#Signs_and_symptoms

Hence:

*NLUG* continues technically online!

All are welcome, technical and non-technical alike!

*Tomorrow* 8:30pm (BST) Thursday 24/09/2020 (That's 7:30pm _GMT_  )

https://meet.jit.si/NLUGmeet13

After introductions we have an exploration into:

*Assorted Sorting*
==================

Sorting a list of text and numbers is easy?... Yes?? Surely...?

This evening will cover some of my recent very unexpected fun in trying
to get _not_ _unexpected_ results from the mere "<" operator...

What is a comparison to do? :-P

Here's to rediscovering how trying to organise from alpha to omega might
involve a few diversions...

So enjoy a fun ride on old Aleph, relish the thorny fun of Ye Olde
typesetters of old, and giggle at my modern day unexpected fun getting
bashed by '<'!

Aside: This fun aside spanning a few thousand years gives an interesting
background to some of our modern day alphabetical quirks:

Evolution of the Alphabet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kGuN8WIGNc

Are there fonts for that?? ;-)

This will be as technical or as vague an overview as our discussions
take us. All good interesting fun!

As always, to warm up merrily in our cyberworld, we need no
excuse for us to first catch up with what the group has been doing!

Have your beverages to hand, and lets party!

See y'all online.

All welcome :-)

Stay safe!
Martin

Technical bits:

See:

Jitsi Meet Security & Privacy
https://jitsi.org/news/security/

For mobile devices:

Android app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.jitsi.meet

Apple app:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jitsi-meet/id1165103905

History and background:

Jitsi is a collection of free and open-source multiplatform voice
(VoIP), videoconferencing and instant messaging applications:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jitsi