[Nottingham] [Talk] *Wednesday* 19:30 GMT, 10/02/2021: John Alexander - Making Hardware Work

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Feb 8 14:05:02 UTC 2021

Folks,

By the virtual powers of the internet, we have an inaugural pan-UK LUGs
talk:

*Wednesday* 19:30 GMT, 10/02/2021:

*John Alexander - Making Hardware Work*
=======================================

#####
John Alexander will be giving a talk on the evening of 10th Feb entitled:

Making it work - how to break incompatibility and dependency hell for
your hardware without mashing your desktop.

This will be an overview of Linux features you can use to get awkward,
custom or unusual hardware working without destroying your system or
descending into madness.

John is a regular with the Wolves, Shropshire, Birmingham and NoVa LUGs
with an interest in Linux, amateur radio, satellites, hardware hacking
and *attending all the LUGs*.

Please share it with any other relevant groups and on your <insert
irritating flash in the pan social media here> to help us bootstrap an
audience for future events.

We had planned to use Jitsi but since we're opening this out to a wider
audience we've fallen back on Zoom. Sorry if that cuts anyone out.

Meeting starts at 19:30 GMT, Weds 10th February.

The talk will start around 20:30.

Location:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89432551454

Meeting ID: 894 3255 1454

No password required for this but guests will need to wait in the
virtual lobby before being allowed in.

There's a Meetup link here if people want to say they're coming:

https://www.meetup.com/novalug/events/276191485/

Regards,

Adam Sweet
Wolves LUG
#####

Note the use of Zoom... Please see the follow-on thread!

Enjoy!