[Nottingham]   [Misc] Zoom on Linux

Vadim Mankevich vadim at mankevich.co.uk
Mon Feb 8 14:41:04 UTC 2021

Martin,The linked firejail tutorial makes sense to me. I haven't checked zoom profile though. On some systems you might experience problems with software installed in /opt and launched from a script. You need to make sure the /opt path is not forbidden in the sandbox.Used like this the application will still be able to compromise the audio and graphics stack and act as a keylogger. Won't have direct access to your private keys and other secrets though.I think the refusal to work with sound on Firefox is an artificial one. Teams does that as well.--vadim at mankevich.co.uk PGP key fingerprint0xC046022A3A91455AF0C9BB2404BF882B1905C772Retrieve from hkps://pgp.mit.eduor https://keybase.io/vmankevich ---- On Mon, 08 Feb 2021 14:06:57 +0000  nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk  wrote ----Folks,Unfortunately, we can't easily get away from Zoom for virtual conferences.My experience of using Firefox for a Zoom meeting is that the Zoom servers refuse to connect any audio. (What of html5 and standards??)Hence, there is the untrusted 'app'...See:https://ar.al/2020/06/25/how-to-use-the-zoom-malware-safely-on-linux-if-you-absolutely-have-to/Anyone with experience of Zoom locked in firejail?Or does such nefarious-ware require a sacrificial virtual machine for any virtual meeting??(Hopefully our group security expert can comment? ;-) :-) )Cheers,Martin-- Nottingham mailing listNottingham at mailman.lug.org.ukhttps://mailman.lug.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/nottingham