[Nottingham] [Talk] *TODAY* 8:30pm Thursday 25/02/2021: Bits and Bytes!

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Feb 26 22:50:41 UTC 2021

On 25/02/2021 15:49, Martin via Nottingham wrote:
> Folks,
>
> We have a busy evening of talks today!... :-)

... And for our bit of a conflab across the networks...

OK, so my connection was a bit ropey as has been all too usual during
'lockdown'. All soon to be remedied next week! ;-)

Indeed, a bit of a test during the Jitsi showed a drastically positive
difference :-)

And without further ado, we have here some of the links we mentioned:

Here's a blatant advertising piece but still good for showing what a
well designed data centre should be:

Tour the Allen Data Center
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO5kE-dtUJk

That example looks much better than some of the data centres I've been
around where you might be left wondering what margin they may or may not
have left for capacity. And whether those backup generators are
regularly tested? And whether the is fuel checked??... Everything
'winterized'?!...

For a beautiful animation of how full-flow rocketry works, see:

SpaceX Starship - How will Starship tank autogenous pressurization
systems work?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXaJa6MdnDc

And John showed off some beautiful North Sea sunrises. Can we persuade
him to set up a sunrise webcam? :-P

Somehow, I didn't get to mention my bits and bytes. That's something for
another evening ;-)

Have fun!