[Nottingham] [Social] *Tomorrow* 8:30pm Thursday 14/01/2021: *A New Year* !

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Jan 13 20:08:55 UTC 2021

Folks,

Happy New Year!

Carry-on on the dance around the Coronavirus??

Continuing virtual until we evolve onwards vaccinated around the
SARS-CoV-2 virus and the resultant COVID-19...

We have:

*NLUG is Socially Online* !

*Tomorrow* 8:30pm Thursday 14/01/2021 (That's 8:30pm _GMT_  )

NLUG 'Social': *A New Year* ?!

https://meet.jit.si/NLUGmeet20

(OK... So I got the last meeting's numbering sequence on a hiccup... Now
to rejoin the sequence. And nope, never anticipated we'd be on VM #20!)

This week is our 'social' so I'm sure we need no excuse for us
to randomly catch up with what the group and the world has been doing
over the festivities and the start to our new calendar year...

Aside, see:

January 1 and the forgotten history of the New Year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D708ofQ6cA

As always, there's also lots been happening in the tech world and the
outside world and throughout a whole universe out beyond our globe...

Including aurora visible as far south as Scotland!

Aurora Borealis lights up sky above Scotland
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-55630880

All good for good comment!

There's no set format:

Bring along your stories and comments, with a warm welcome for all!

Have your nibbles and beverages to hand, and lets party! ;-)

See y'all online.

All welcome :-)

Stay safe!
Martin

Technical bits:

See:

Jitsi Meet Security & Privacy
https://jitsi.org/news/security/

For mobile devices:

Android app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.jitsi.meet

Apple app:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jitsi-meet/id1165103905

COVID-19 bits:

See:

Gov.UK - Coronavirus (COVID‑19)
https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

Gov.UK - COVID-19: long-term health effects
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-long-term-health-effects/covid-19-long-term-health-effects

Also:

Wikipedia - COVID-19 pandemic, Signs and symptoms
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic#Signs_and_symptoms