[Nottingham] [Talk] *Tomorrow* 8:30pm Thursday 28/01/2021: Going Mobile with SSH and Dodging Timeouts...

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Jan 27 20:12:27 UTC 2021

Folks,

Carrying-on on the dance around the Coronavirus... Continuing onwards
virtual until we evolve soon vaccinated around the SARS-CoV-2 virus and
the resultant COVID-19...

We have:

*NLUG is Socially Online* !

*Tomorrow* 8:30pm Thursday 28/01/2021 (That's 8:30pm _GMT_  )

NLUG 'Talk': *Going Mobile with SSH and Dodging Timeouts*

https://meet.jit.si/NLUGmeet21

This week is our 'talk/social' so I'm sure we need no excuse for us
to randomly catch up with what the group and the world has been doing or
/should/ be doing and enjoying our new calendar year...

I've a fun story to tell of going '4G' mobile with SSH and web surfing.
After a few disconnects (this time nothing to do with broken PMTU
discovery), I delved into some of the old forgotten arcanery of how our
old overused IPv4 is munged and then munged again on a voyage across the
networks. The problem is all about how to then get something back with a
successful return journey!

I'm sure others will have various adventures to tell also ;-)

All good for good comment!

There's no set format:

Bring along your stories and comments, with a warm welcome for all :-)

Have your nibbles and beverages to hand, and lets party ;-)

See y'all online!

All welcome :-)

Stay safe!
Martin

Technical bits:

See:

Jitsi Meet Security & Privacy
https://jitsi.org/news/security/

For mobile devices:

Android app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.jitsi.meet

Apple app:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jitsi-meet/id1165103905

COVID-19 bits:

See:

Gov.UK - Coronavirus (COVID‑19)
https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

Gov.UK - COVID-19: long-term health effects
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-long-term-health-effects/covid-19-long-term-health-effects

Also:

Wikipedia - COVID-19 pandemic, Signs and symptoms
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic#Signs_and_symptoms