[Nottingham] RasPi - Re: wifi extenders and slow emails

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue Mar 2 21:16:26 UTC 2021

On 02/03/2021 18:16, Jason wrote:
> Other things to consider if going down the Pi route, is the power
> management switching off the WiFi (this can be solved) and the Broadcom
> drivers crashing on the regular (this can only be solved by a reboot).

Oooer, the crashing doesn't sound good.

> At the moment I am having to restart Our[s] almost daily.

Oooer... Rather bad!

Is that really some problem drivers? Really after all these years?

Or is it running uncased and getting licked by hungry dogs and fur?
Or is there low voltage to it for whatever is plugged in?
Or is the memorycard failing?...

I may well be experimenting with such a device soon myself for use as a
print server to 'network attach' an old printer.

Good luck!