[Nottingham] RasPi - Re: wifi extenders and slow emails

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Mar 3 12:53:17 UTC 2021

Ahhh... That one.

In the past, I've had to schedule 4am restarts of various WiFi
boxes/access-points to ensure they stayed alive for the day.

One guess was that they suffered a counter overrun for something...
Never chased up to see whether that was time, volume of data, or
something silly like a connections association table never getting
cleared...

All reminiscent of the days of Windows 3.11 WFW and the limited (64k
Bytes?) graphics resources tables never getting cleared! Run through
opening too many windows and you got a system freeze...

And then, in positive sharp contrast, there was Linux... ;-)

Let us know what you find!

Good luck,
Martin