[Nottingham] anyone still here?

Nic Deane nicholasdeane7 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 13:12:55 UTC 2024

Hi everyone,

It's probably about 7-8 years since I dropped in on one of your meetings
in the pub. Then one of you helped me _a lot_ to get Linux on to my
little Samsung NC110. (The problem had been linked to fastboot, if I
remember rightly, and was solved in about half an hour!).

Anyway, being a real oldie (78 in March), I'm now not up to doing much
more than running Linux Mint LMDE 6 on my NiPoGi AK1Plus Mini computer
and Linux Mint 21.3 on the Samsung. If I hit a problem with Mint I go on
to the Mint Forums and that usually sorts things out. I am 100% MS free.
🙂 I'm off Facebook now (and the Biased Broadcasting Service) and would
like to be free of Google, too, but having an old Samsung A3 means I'm
still hooked in there, I'm afraid. Sometimes I think about having an
independent home server but that's perhaps beyond my capabilities. Would
this rid me of the pesky Google clutches, I wonder?

Anyway, Happy New Year to you all, too.

Nic