[Phpwm] Broadband provider

Phil Beynon phil at infolinkelectronics.co.uk
Wed Apr 26 10:53:52 BST 2006

> > Apart from buying a lot of dark cable what advantage is there
> in having a
> > 24Mb office to online connection?
>
> This makes me think of the
> "No one will need more than 640kb memory.... " quote...
> ( http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Bill_Gates (under Wrongly Attributed) )
>
> VPNs, VoIP, file sharing, remote working, faster web browsing,
> more users, video conferencing....
> And no doubt many new applications will be developed as bandwidth
> continues to increase....
>
> Cost is the only limit to the bandwidth I have (and perhaps BT/Telewest
> wouldn't want to provide me with a Xgbit link in Walsall anyway).
>
> David.
> --
> David Goodwin
>
> [ david at codepoets dot co dot uk ]
> [ http://www.codepoets.co.uk       ]

Interesting that West Yorks Police have only just upgraded to 10Mbits / Sec
for their force network across 72 police locations / networks including
video conferencing etc etc.......... (computing magazine, last week or so)

So still can't see why anyone on here would need to have a 24Mb line :-)

I think that quote was wrongly attributed...... Bill Gates wrote 'EVERYONE
will need more than 640kb after we release the next version'

Regards,

Phil Beynon
Sales director

** http://www.diygear.com THE Online DIY Toolstore For DIY & Business
** Infolink Electronic Systems Ltd. http://www.infolinkelectronics.co.uk
** Professional Web Design & Cobalt Hosting Solutions
** Contact: Sales at infolinkelectronics.co.uk
** Tel / Fax 0121 458 4894 (office) 0121 441 3558 (home) 07801 548464
(mobile)