[Phpwm] virtual hosts in apache

Stephen Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Wed Apr 26 21:27:05 BST 2006

On 4/26/06, sukh virdee <sukh_virdee at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I've heard that when using windows and IE you can make an
> addition to  the host file and then you can access the dummy site through
> the IP address...?

In fact now I have reread your question again (for about the 4th time)
and I think I see where you are going wrong.  What you would get by
editing the hosts file is an alias for that ip address to that name on
your personal computer bypassing the domain name system but nobody
else would be able to see it without also editing their hosts file.

if this is the case you need to register a domain name :)

sparkes

--
Steve 'sparkes' Parkes - tshirts http://nerd.ws - code http://zx-81.com
   Autistic LUG http://autisticlug.org - blog http://sp.arkes.co.uk