[Phpwm] My site/admin project

Elliot Smith elliot at townx.org
Fri Dec 15 11:38:17 GMT 2006

Chris Allen wrote:
> Hi guys, this is just an update just to show you my personal project
> that I'm working on. I know a while back a lot of us agreed that we
> seemed to be working on a similar thing, ie. a 'content management
> framework.'
Hi Chris,

I'm interested to know why you decided to go down this route, rather
than use a system like Drupal? I could do pretty much everything your
framework does (after a cursory look at the demo) with a 5-minute Drupal
install; plus I could add the features you've described within a few
more minutes. True, some CMSs like Joomla! are inflexible, and don't
give you much control; but Drupal (being PHP/MySQL-based) strikes the
right balance for me between providing some structure and retaining
flexibility; plus it has the best API (barring Plone) of any of the
systems I've seen, so it's easy to extend.

Any thoughts on this?

Elliot