[Phpwm] An problem with PHP echo

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Mon Feb 20 10:20:11 GMT 2006

Mmmm, just read it back and I wasn't very clear.  I blame a lack of
caffeine.

When you give require a URI it's opened via the protocol specified and
is included as served by the webserver.  The variables you use are not
in scope when php runs the file (on the webserver first time around)

When you use a relative url with no protocol the file is opened using a
std open and is included in your file in a unprocessed form.  When the
file is processed by the webserver the variables are in scope and you
get the expected results.

So to get the results you expect open the file on the filesystem and
not via a http URI.

I hope this is a little clearer.

sparkes

--
You need more geeky t-shirts in your life http://nerd.ws
The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from