[Phpwm] CVS or Subversion?

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Fri Feb 24 14:31:18 GMT 2006

one other thing I forgot was binary files are handled much better in
svn than cvs which is helpful in web development because I keep my
images in svn.  This is useful because of the way I use svn in web
dev.  I work in on a beta site locally syncing my mods to the
subversion server and when I am ready to move it to the production
server I just run `svn update` on the production server which is a
earlier checked out version of the site.  If the images are kept under
revision I know any update on the production server keeps it 100% in
sync with the version I have debugged on the local server.  There is
also a beta server in the middle of the process which is a subdomain of
the production server so I can make sure the production server is
configured correctly.  This is more useful for mod_python than php
unless you make extensive use of mod_rewrite and other configurations.

this review of a svn book popped up on the web a few mins back and
might be useful.

http://adminspotting.net/reviews/Pragmatic-Version-Control.html

Review of Pragmatic Version Control with SVN that appeared today.

sparkes
--
You need more geeky t-shirts in your life http://nerd.ws
On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy. Flynn, Tron