[Phpwm] MVC frameworks for developing PHP 5/MySql applications

Paul Cooper pgc at openadvantage.org
Mon Jan 23 10:48:51 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 17:50 +0000, Tony Lovering wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am a beginner when it comes to PHP, I've been on the OpenAdvantage PHP
> course and I've written a few small apps. Now I want to redevelop some
> client/server packages that I developed using an object based VB type
> tool with an Oracle database, one of them has about 320 forms(Windows),
> 80 tables, and 30 reports. As I don't want to write this longhand I
> thought about using one of the MVC frameworks to save time and cut down
> on errors.
>
> Has anyone had experience of using MVC frameworks for developing PHP
> 5/MySql applications. I've had a look at a few on the web and PRADO,
> Zoop, and OpenBiz look as if they might fit the bill.

I don't have any experience of those. One I'm looking at is WASP, see
this intro at OnLAMP

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/php/2006/01/19/wasp_intro.html

I haven't yet used WASP in a project although I have used many of it's
libraries, e.g. HTML_Template_Flexy, DB_DataObject, PEAR_DB all of which
I can recommend.

HTH,

Paul