[Phpwm] PHP Spam Filtering

Alan Pope alan.pope at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 00:34:15 GMT 2006

On 24/01/06, David Goodwin <david at codepoets.co.uk> wrote:
> Jono Bacon wrote :
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Does anyone have any experience or advice to weed out comment spam in
> > a PHP web application? I am looking to a baysian spam filter approach
> > - has anyone done this before?
> >
> >  Jono
>
> Could you pipe it through to spamassassin?

There's a patch [1] (perl) written for the wiki software [2] that
HantsLUG [3] uses which passes comments/edits through spamassassin.
It's not switched on / implemented in the wiki because it absolutely
murders the server and doesn't return results quickly enough for the
web experience. Of course if you've got more hardware to throw at it,
or you can somehow queue up the edits and pass them through
spamassassin in the background later that might be preferable.

Cheers,
Al.

[1] http://hants.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?AntiSpam
[2] http://hants.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?AbuseMod