[Phpwm] PHP vs. Java

Constantin Orasan dinel_list at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jul 2 22:33:11 BST 2006

Dear all,

Please could you give me some arguments why PHP is better than Java for
web-based programs? I am currently advising some people with a project
at Aston University and they implemented everything in Java/Tomcat. I
find this a bit too complicated and slow, and I'd like to convince them
to move the PHP especially because the program only needs to have a
simple user management system, access a MySQL database and render the
results. Any pointers to articles/discussions/etc are welcomed.

Thank you,

Constantin