[Phpwm] Hosting suggestion required.

Phil Beynon phil at infolinkelectronics.co.uk
Wed Jun 7 23:13:52 BST 2006

> Dave Fear wrote:
> > Hi folks
> >
> > I have just designed a web site for a client, and have just found out
> > that i cannot send emails from my server, which is hosted on a
> > blueyonder cable connection (uses dynamic ip). The mail server of the
> > address i am send the emails to blocks email from blueyonder dynamic ip
> > addresses.
>
> Sorry this isn't answering your question directly, but can't you relay
> your mail through blueyonder's mail server? This is usally the smarthost
> option in your mail server config.
>
> Tony

Its quite probable they are blocking port 25, this is getting quite common
across ISPs now to deter people from running home servers, though it is more
prevalent in the US than the UK currently.

Regards,

Phil Beynon
Sales director

** http://www.diygear.com THE Online DIY Toolstore For DIY & Business
** Infolink Electronic Systems Ltd. http://www.infolinkelectronics.co.uk
** Professional Web Design & Cobalt Hosting Solutions
** Contact: Sales at infolinkelectronics.co.uk
** Tel / Fax 0121 458 4894 (office) 0121 441 3558 (home) 07801 548464
(mobile)