[Phpwm] Next Meeting : 6th July @ 19:00 (OpenAdvantage) - Marcus Baker

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Fri Jun 23 16:26:10 BST 2006

Everyone,

I/we are hoping that the next meeting will be on the 6th of July at Open
Advantage (Broad Street, Birmingham).
Hopefully there will be a buffet :-)

Marcus Baker (http://www.lastcraft.com) will be presenting one or two
talks on OO and Agile development (see below).

** Could people please express interest/preferences in the below talks,
to give Marcus an idea of what would be well received.**

To quote Marcus's previous email :

"""

Would the West Midland PHP'ers be interesting in hosting one or both
talks? The titles are...

"The OO sound barrier": The confusion when encountering objects, both
individually and within the wider community, and what we should do about it.

"Is agile right for you?": A pretty advanced talk on project management.
  The different methodology angles are explained and a sense making
framework (yer' what?) is applied to determine their applicability.

Both are about 50 minutes and the second one is a little interactive.
"""

Personally, I'd like to hear both of Marcus's talks, but it might make
for a long meeting.

Thanks
David.

(The two hopefully's refer to the fact that the room isn't yet properly
booked into Open Advantage's calendar, so there's a small chance that
the time/date etc will change.).