[Phpwm] Using Mysql Client with Proxy

Rob Allen rob at akrabat.com
Sat Mar 18 07:41:18 GMT 2006

Peter Graham wrote:

> Do you know if he's right, is it possible for me to provide proxy
> information to the mysql client so that I can connect to the DB? If so
> what is the syntax for doing this?

If you have access to the server running MySQL, then you can proxy the
connection through stunnel or something similar.

I've only done it on Windows for connecting to a SQL Server box
remotely. It was a while ago now though and I can't remember how I set
it all up now. I don't remember it being particularly difficult though.

Regards,

Rob...