[Phpwm] field widths

Phil Beynon phil at infolinkelectronics.co.uk
Fri May 5 10:24:13 BST 2006

Is there a way in PHP of easily reading the char width of a MySQL table
field?

In that I have a whole bunch of form fields that can take data input in an
application, if as the program grows I find that I need to tweak the
database construction a bit I then need to go through and reset the max
chars settings in these form fields to macth the tables or risk data
trucation.

Not sure if it is possible or good practice, but it seemed useful if it was
possible to just read these values direct from the MySQL field definition.

Regards,

Phil Beynon
Sales director

** http://www.diygear.com THE Online DIY Toolstore For DIY & Business
** Infolink Electronic Systems Ltd. http://www.infolinkelectronics.co.uk
** Professional Web Design & Cobalt Hosting Solutions
** Contact: Sales at infolinkelectronics.co.uk
** Tel / Fax 0121 458 4894 (office) 0121 441 3558 (home) 07801 548464
(mobile)